Summary of SCT End-cap Disc Services Assembly at RAL
Summary of Non-Conformances
The following are the most significant non-conformances which will have a direct effect on the SCT performance
and should be allowed for in the Simulation.
Other non-conformances hopefully will have no effect on the performance - these are listed in the next section.
Of course, this assumes one knows what the nominal design is.
- 9C: Blocks in Outer Circuit (on Circuit on Disc) are in wrong order, ie. High and Low Blocks are swapped.
- 3C: Blocks in Outer Circuit are in wrong order, ie. High and Low Blocks are swapped.
- 6C-2C: Blocks in all Inner Circuit are in wrong order, ie. High and Low Blocks are swapped.
6A-2A: as above, since all the Inner Circuits were made at RAL in the same way.
See Assembly drawings (pdf).
- Outer Module closest to 12 O'clock is Low.
- Middle Module just to left of 12 O'clock (when viewed facing the IP) is Low.
- Inner Module closest to 12 O'clock is Low.
The following information is recorded:
For info on Tapes/Harnesses, consult
- Photos - showing front and back of Disc.
- Non-conformances - indicating deviations from final drawings.
- Assembly Logs - indicating which items have gone where.
- Dispatch records - indicating results of final checks before Discs are shipped from RAL.
- Assembly Logs:
- Dispatch records:
Other Reference Docs
Last update: 9 Oct 06
Contact Stephen Haywood (RAL)